Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday 8/19/13 written Tuesday 8/13/13 school starting...

Tuesday 8.13.13 Maggie started school today. This school year really snuck up on us. Last night we went out and got school clothes before the girls went to youth group. While they were in youth group, I realized that we didn't have anything for their lunches and that we had not filled out any of their schools paperwork. I went shopping during youth group. When we got home, Maggie made her sandwiches and we signed all of the papers.

This morning we took Maggie's picture. We take the kids pictures the first and last day of school each year. Someday we can get these pictures together and get them into a frame. We usually pray over each child as they start the new year, but we forgot last night. I said a prayer for Maggie in the car this morning. We can say a prayer together tonight. We stand in a circle together and I say a prayer that God would watch over them and guide them through the year, and I ask if the kids would like to say anything. They all say no. Then we all say Amen.

August 2013 Bible verse: "But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God." Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment