Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday 7/7/13 Day 188/366 fridge update, reading manuals...

The kids have updated the fridge with their magnets. They have built Spider man a house and have added his cat and a butterfly.


   I will need to get some more magnets and add something to this.
I have been looking a lot lately at the things that bother me. The things that frustrate me the most always seem to be the things that I could fix. We have a new answering machine and it isn't set up. It will record calls, but the date and other features are not set up. I have a new cell phone. My kids say that I have finally entered into this century. I can call and text on it, but it is largely a mystery. Every time that I try to do anything, the phone calls someone. Everyone is getting tired of me telling them that I am sorry that I called, but the phone is new and calls people when I do anything. This weekend we had some free time while we were waiting for the fireworks to start. I have read some of the cell phones manual and have now stopped calling everyone. Thank you everyone for your understanding. We need to set up the phone next.
I guess this goes under the category of taking stock of my life now and then. I tend to be very happy just drifting along until I realize one day that I am in a totally different place than I wanted to be. I'm not doing bad things, just doing things that aren't part of God's plan for me. We had two talks at church in the beginning of this year. One said to go home and figure out where God was leading you, see if where you were headed that may not be His choice for you. Then decide how to get to where He wanted you to be. I did this and found out where the better directions for me were. The second talk said to look at what scares you and to figure out why you are scared of it. I haven't done that one yet. I think that it would really help to face my fears and to get past them...but I am scared to even look at my fears. I know that this is wrong, because when I do face problems, the solutions are almost always easier than I had imagined them to be. Maybe I will look at my fears this week.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment