Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday 5/19/08 grass seed...

I bought some grass seed today. It is for the spot where the big tree in the front yard was cut down. I took a lot of the wood chips from that area to the back yard and put them in the garden. The wood chips had been so high, that if the dirt and grass seed was put over them, it wouldn't look like a flat yard. Today I put some of the mulch on that spot and then put on the grass seed. I am hoping that the grass seed will grow in the mulch.
I had put some mulch and grass seed in another area last week, and have been watering it each day. Today is the first time that I have looked closely at it. The seed hasn't sprouted yet, but the mulch looked compacted. I took the rake and separated it a bit. Can grass seed grow through mulch? If it can't, I can buy some dirt and start again, there will just be mulch under the dirt. I was hoping to avoid the expense, since there was so much mulch in the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment