Monday, May 12, 2008

5/12/08 painting the ceiling...

I had three spots on the ceiling in one room. There was no leak, just three spots. I am trying to sell the house...so I painted the room. I didn't use primer. If I had, that would be the end of the story. The spots were still there...the ceiling did look nice...but the spots were still there. So, I painted the spots a few more times...no luck, the spots still shown through. Now the texture in those spots is gone, because so much paint has evened them out. Next, I put primer on the spots and re-painted it. The spots were gone, but it is easy to see that something has been done to that area. I don't like to give up, so I went the the home improvement store and got something to add texture. It goes on blue, and when it dries, I can paint over it. That seems OK, except the original texture is rough looking, and this is smooth. I didn't realize this until it was on. Also, It didn't turn completely white, and I now have a ceiling of rough texture and three spots of blue smooth texture, that is painted over with white paint. Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment